I have a water leak; what should I do?

If you have a water leak, it is best to contact a plumber in order to have the leak repaired as quickly as possible to reduce the amount of water being used and billed. Depending on the type and extent of the leak, they can be very costly. For this reason, the town will consider adjustments to the sewer portion of the utility bill in cases where the water did not go into the sewer system. The customer who is requesting the adjustment shall provide the town documentation that in fact a leak did exist, that the leak was sufficient in size to use the excessive amount of water, that the leak did not allow water to enter the sewer system, and that the leak has been repaired. Proper documentation includes a receipt from a plumber or a store receipt that details the list of parts used to make the repair.

Call us at 704-233-4411 for more information.

Show All Answers

1. How do I establish new water service?
2. I have a water leak; what should I do?
3. How do set up all other utilities at my property?
4. I’ve moved out; how do I stop services?
5. When will I get my utility deposit back?
6. How do I pay my utility bill?