Town of Wingate Utility Services
The Town of Wingate supplies water, wastewater, garbage, and recycling services to customers.
Forms for establishing and disconnecting utility services can be found in the Document Center.
Water and wastewater are metered services. A Public Works Department staff member will read the meter once per month to record usage. Billing, for water and wastewater services, is dependent upon usage. Garbage & recycling services are billed based on a monthly rate. For more information on billing, visit our Utility Billing & Payments page.
Take a look at the Finance Section of our Document Center to view the current utility rates.
Garbage collection services are provided by Waste Connections. Collection occurs on Thursdays; however, it is recommended that rollout carts be set at the curb on Wednesday evenings as pickup usually occurs early Thursday morning. View our Events Calendar for pickup dates.
Guidelines for garbage pickup:
- Only regular household garbage should be placed in rollout carts; garbage must be bagged to avoid spills.
- Yard waste and other bulky trash items should not be placed in rollout carts. *See yardwaste guidelines below.
- Bulky items should be placed next to roll out carts. Please notify Town Hall if bulky items are to be disposed of; confirm that the item to be collected is acceptable.
- Waste Connections will not collect the following bulky items: Electronics (televisions, computers, radios, printers), white goods (washers, dryers, microwaves, refrigerators, stoves), metal items, and chemicals (paint cans, pesticides, cleaners, oils).
- Waste Connections will collect the following bulky items: Toilets, mattresses, box springs, lamps, sofas, chest of drawers, non-metal items, etc.
If Waste Connections cannot collect an item, the Union County landfill may allow the item to be dropped off.
Union County Landfill
Union County Landfill Online
Guidelines for recyclables pickup:
- Recyclable collection occurs every other Thursday.
- Recycle containers should contain recyclable material only. Containers with contamination will not be collected.
Guidelines for yardwaste pickup:
- Limbs must be cut under 4 feet in length & under 6 inches in diameter for collection.
- Leaves and grass clippings should be placed in clear bags and set next to rollout carts. *Due to an increase of fallen leaves in fall and winter months, the Town of Wingate offers a leaf vacuuming service. Find more information on our Leaf Collection page.